[Standards] XEP-0371: Jingle ICE Transport Method - Question on ICE Restart detection

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Tue Nov 16 19:31:10 UTC 2021

Hi,

I’m trying to implement ICE Restarts with XEP-0371. The XEP states
that ICE restarts can be detected by a changed ufrag and pwd
attributes in the transport-info.

However what I'm currently unclear about is how I can detect if the
incoming transport-info is a request to restart ICE on its own or a
response to an ICE restart we initiated.

Or to put it into WebRTC terminology how do I know if a transport-info
with changed ufrag/pwd is an Offer or an Answer.

cheers
Daniel