[Standards] Fiscal Hosting by the XSF

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Thu Sep 30 09:50:02 UTC 2021

Hi all,

As you may (or may not) be aware, the XSF recently approved becoming a
fiscal host for XMPP related projects! This means that they can accept
tax-free donations on behalf of XMPP related projects, making it easier
to get started accepting donations without having to create a bank
account or legal entity. The XSF does the financial paperwork and you
can just focus on your project!

More details can be found in the announcement blog post:

https://xmpp.org/2021/09/the-xsf-as-a-fiscal-host/

I wanted to make sure to get this news out as widely as possible within
the XSF, so my apologies for the spam if you were already aware. I hope
this will be useful to XMPP projects trying to reach more donors!

—Sam

--
Sam Whited