[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Ephemeral Messages

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Tue Apr 26 21:42:56 UTC 2022

<i-want-out/>, really?

Also, in 2022 it is clear that relying on disco to advertise client
features is a dead end: regular clients on major mobile OSs are
typically offline and are only occasionally woken from slumber via
push notifications. I think that there should be a new way to
advertise the supported features of client apps via server.

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 at 23:47, Jonas Schäfer <jonas at wielicki.name> wrote:

> Title: Ephemeral Messages
> Abstract:
> This specification encourages a shift in privacy settings wrt. logging
> policies.

> The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.

Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ
https://redsolution.com