[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: PubSub Namespaces

Kim Alvefur zash at zash.se
Wed Jan 12 19:01:29 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 05:55:01PM -0000, Jonas Schäfer wrote:
>The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
>
>Title: PubSub Namespaces
>Abstract:
>This extension defines a new PubSub node attribute to specify the type
>of payload.

>The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
>proposal as an official XEP.

My thoughts on this:

- The `pubsub#type` node config setting? (Already mentioned by others)
- I see no reason the server couldn't enforce type checks or schemas on
	its own, possibly influenced by `pubsub#type`.
- Advertising that such validation is enforced may or may not be useful,
	but could just as well be an error condition (`bad-request` or such).

--
Regards,
Kim "Zash" Alvefur