[Summit] Session Mobility using XMPP...yet another extremely late devroom proposal

István Koren koren at dbis.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 10 09:46:50 UTC 2013

Hi there,
 sorry for being well too late for the deadline but I hope just in time for
putting it on the list: Here is a devroom talk proposal about Session
Mobility using XMPP.

I was encouraged to post this by my colleague Dominik Renzel who told me
about the positive feedback of his talk last year.

Thanks,
 István

- - Name of the presenter(s):
István Koren
- - Short bios for the presenter(s):
 István Koren is a researcher at the Chair of Information Systems &
Databases at RWTH Aachen University in Germany (http://dbis.rwth-aachen.de).
Currently he is involved in the LAYERS project using XMPP for TEL.
Previously at Technische Universität Dresden, he was part of the Mobilis
project team building a framework for pervasive computing using XMPP.
- - Session name:
Session Mobility using XMPP – Transferring your Session to Public Displays
- - Session type:
Talk and demo
- - Session abstract
Imagine large public displays at metro stations that you could use to
temporarily play a smartphone game on it; or presentation hardware that
automatically shows your slides when entering the meeting room. The approach
presented includes device pairing, remote login and intelligent packet
routing for splitting your session to multiple devices.
Besides public devices we support pairing personal devices as well. Let’s
say you have a desktop computer, a smartphone and a tablet all connected
using different resources; you can use them in parallel as messages are
synchronized.
This is all about SASL, OAuth, SIFT and Message Carbons.
- - Time requested:
25-30 min
- - URLs for related projects
http://www.istvank.eu/research/mobile-collaboration