[GSoC] Inquiry for contribution to the xmpp community

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Sep 29 09:57:13 UTC 2016

On 29 Sep 2016, at 08:35, may.ghz.conan at gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to contribute to the xmpp community and learn more about it but I am practically inexperienced now can anyone help me get started?

Q1: Are you interested in standardisation work, or development?

If Development, find a software project within the community that you like the look of, and ask them how to contribute.

If standardisation, have a look at the standards at xmpp.org list at what’s going on there.

I imagine it’s development you want, so finding a project you want to contribute to is the likely first step.

/K