the XMPP Standards Foundation once again plans to apply for the Google
Summer of Code 2024!
Hereby, I call everyone interested to reach out and start planning their
participation. If you are interested please review:
- Read the mentoring guide or at least watch their Youtube videos:
- The time you can really spent as mentor:
- Your project runs under a OSI approved license:
- You will require to register to Google's organization platform with an
Google account. However, you don't need a Google mail, just carefully
follow the steps.
- Communicate and reach out in your OWN community too.
- You and your students need to be available continuously through XMPP.
In the recent years I had the experience people being offline and were
not able to reach through their XMPP accounts sufficiently.
Regarding the latter, the stipend also has interest for community
bonding, also to XMPP in general. You shouldn't expect students to solve
difficult implementation unless you know them and their capabilities.
Application starts at Monday, 22nd January 2024, please have potential
ideas ready by then.
Changes to GSoC to this year for your interest:
- "Starting in 2024 we will have small (~90 hour projects), medium (~175
hr projects) and large (~350 hour) projects available to GSoC
contributors. Orgs should have medium and large projects available in
their Project Ideas lists. Small project ideas are not required for
orgs, but if the smaller size project works for your org they should be
included in your Organization’s Ideas List."
Find our wikipage for organization here:
To edit the page, reach out to an XSF member to enter your input or
you’ll need a wiki account, which we’ll happily provide for you. Reach
out in the XSF public chatroom:
I am happy to hear from a backup org admin to help me here and there or
if I cannot make it due to other appointments. Basic organization skills
should be sufficient.
Let me know if you have further questions. Please join:
GSoC Administrator at XSF