[standards-jig] Pondering DTCP

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Thu Dec 12 21:11:17 UTC 2002

This highlights another concern of mine.  Right now the only use case I
see plausible is file transfer.  Everything else that has been mentioned
to me for DTCP (voip in particular) has well established protocols that
aren't even based on TCP.  Even the idea of game protocols is iffy since
most of those are UDP, and if there are TCP parts it has it's own
structured protocol connecting _out_ to a master server.  If we are to
think of DTCP as anything other than a file transfer protocol we need
solid examples that are plausible.

--temas