[standards-jig] RETRACTED: DTCP (JEP-0046)

Justin Karneges justin-jdev at affinix.com
Sat Apr 12 00:19:32 UTC 2003

Hi,

JEP-0065 supercedes JEP-0046.

- 65 uses the SOCKS5 protocol for handshaking, which means existing libraries
and code can be reused, while 46 has a custom protocol.
- 65 has the ability to relay over a specialized proxy component.
- 65 is almost council approved, just one vote shy.

There is no sense in having two competing standards that do nearly the same
thing.

-Justin