[standards-jig] x:data question

Jean-Louis Seguineau/EXC/ENG jean-louis.seguineau at antepo.com
Wed Jul 23 19:07:03 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I would like to have the "official" position about using x:data (JEP0004) to
render a form in the context of <message/>

The particular issue is related to the message type. Although I understand
the use of x:data in a normal message (with not type or a type='normal') I
have some difficulties fitting the use of x:data to render a form in a
type='chat' message. In most cases chat messages are all posted in the same
windozs identifying the conversation, with the complete thread showing in
the window.
Isn't there a case here to limit the use of x:data for form rendering to
certain message types (normal, maybe headline) ?

Opinions welcome

Jean-Louis