[standards-jig] stop. read.

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Thu Jul 31 23:11:00 UTC 2003

Ok. Yes, it's another one of these "stop" posts.

In short, I propose we all stop posting and go back to work. If you
agree with me, then don't reply to this. If you disagree, flame away
all you want. I won't reply.

A *lot* of flaming has been happening on these lists lately, and it's
just gone too far. It's to the point where just about every message is
met with *personal* insults. When you personally insult someone, you
discourage further input from that person in the future. Everyone needs
to realize this.

I don't know what the solution is, but there's been way too much
politicking going in with Jabber and not anywhere near enough
developing.

Personally, I'm going to get back to working on my client.

I suggest that all of you who have been involved in the various threads
which I may be referring to go back to working on something. Let's just
stop posting all these politically and personally motivated flames for
a little while and get some real stuff done.

I guess it will be hard when Peter posts whatever the Board's new thing
was, but let's at least attempt to stop all these other flames for now.

Just go back to work guys. Personally insulting one another is not
going get us anywhere. I've felt personally insulted by quite a few
replies I've gotten over the past few months, but I took it no further.

I am *not* running for Council this year.

Julian

PS. Just to clear some things up:

with regards to Peter's response to David Waite: David Waite was *not
allowed* to work on the Conferencing JIG. Peter should've known this.

with regards to Russell Davis: I'm sorry dude, some of your points were
valid, but some of them were very unreasonable, and you just pushed the
wrong buttons at the wrong time.