[Standards-JIG] stream feature for jabber:iq:auth?

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Thu Feb 19 17:46:46 UTC 2004

Hi Peter!

Peter Millard schrieb am 2004-02-17 17:02:41:
> Yes, because implementations should at least be able to advertise that the
> server supports old school auth. This may be the case if I connect with a client
> which doesn't understand any of the SASL mechanisms provided by the server. (Eg,
> the server only supports kerberos, but my client does not).  This allows us to
> provide a better migration path IMO.

If the server only provides SASL-kerberos, I don't think it will provide
jabber:iq:auth.
A server supporting old authentication I would always expect to support
PLAIN and DIGEST-MD5 as well.

... but also I don't mind adding this stream feature.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770       http://matthias.wimmer.name/