[standards-jig] JEP-0077 Use Case Question

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Tue Jan 13 21:49:23 UTC 2004

You send the get request for several reasons:
- this is the typical pattern for IQ interaction.  Get/result,set/result
- the client may not have stored the register form (keep in mind that there
may be an x:data form in the get results)
- the server configuration may have changed between when the client
registered and when they want to change their registration info.

Vcard typically isn't affected by registration, but I could imagine
implementations that tied the two together.

--
Joe Hildebrand