[Standards-JIG] NEW: JEP-0127: Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) over XMPP

Art Botterell acb at incident.com
Wed Mar 3 04:55:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:05:17 -0500, Bob Wyman wrote:
>Of course, we are a bit concerned since it appears that the CAP
>specification is *very* immature and really should go through some
>serious review before people come to rely on it...

Obviously it's regrettable that we didn't have the benefit of Bob's
insight during the past year of OASIS deliberations on this spec...
or the preceding two years of work by the CAP Working Group and the
Partnership for Public Warning.  However, it's a first step and I
hope everyone with an interest will come help us refine it.

The OASIS Emergency Management Technical Committee webpage is:
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/emergency>.

- Art