(SPAM: 5.957) RE: [Standards-JIG] Jingle schema extensibility

Joe Beda jbeda at google.com
Mon Apr 3 20:07:16 UTC 2006

I see.  What you are saying is that there is no explicit declaration of what
channels a session requires a transport to provide?

I was assuming that this would be documened as part of the session JEP.
Some sessions would define one statically named channel (the poorly named
'rtp' channel for audio right now) while others may be more dynamic.  Is
there some scenario where you think they need to be called out explicitly?
All else being equal, I'd rather the protocol be less chatty if possible.

As long as we are talking about channel naming, we are facing at least one
problem right now with respect to the naming of channels:  Now that we can
have multiple sessions in play at once (not in the spec yet but we decided
that, right?) we need to name a channel in a way that binds it to a session.

I would suggest that we use URIs for channel names but I'd be afraid it
would get too verbose.  Any other ideas?

Joe