[Standards-JIG] Link Local Message and Required TXT Records

Jason Salaz jason at zenenet.com
Tue Apr 18 04:18:10 UTC 2006

On 4/17/06, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:
> Jason Salaz wrote:
> > I was reading through JEP-0174[1] and came up with a question:
> >
> > Why is first name and last name a required TXT record that MUST be 'announced'?
>
> Does http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0174.html#txt say that it is required?

My bad.  It says the TXT record type is required, but it makes no
mention of the requirement status of the individual TXT records
themselves.

> If so, I think we should change that. IMHO all the TXT records should be
> optional except for "status".

I still believe based off the wording (or lack thereof) that it would
appear that TXT records are required.  Any mention of *which* TXT
records are required would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks, Peter.