[Standards-JIG] JEP-0030 - Disco to resources

Vinod Panicker vinod.p at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 04:36:49 UTC 2006

On 4/18/06, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:

> Vinod Panicker wrote:

> >> I think JEP-0030 needs to say connected, not available. We have not
> >> always been crystal-clear about the difference.
> >
> > Thanks for the clarification... Surprised that no one else had this
> > issue till now.
>
> Well, now that I look at the text again, it refers to IM systems, so I
> think "available resource" is the appropriate term. However, I think
> some clarification is in order, which is unfortunate since we already
> spent a lot of time wordsmithing those security considerations...

Seems like this would also clash with xmppbis -
http://www.xmpp.org/xmppbis.html#bind

Disco was proposed as a possible solution to the problem stated above.
But if disco is sent only to available resources, then it's not
possible to use it here.

Can anyone please point me to an instance where "connected" resources
are being used for a practical purpose?

Regards,
Vinod.