[Standards-JIG] Defining IAX transport over jingle

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Thu Feb 23 14:32:30 UTC 2006

Thanks for your feedback on this Steve.

The only issue I can see at the moment is how do I know when to call
with my username/pass and when not to include it?

I believe what were saying here is whatever is in the IAX destination
element, we just simply throw into the IAX stack to call, but at some
point we need to decide, do we need to authenticate?

Or is it a matter of, if I am authenticated and logged into Asterisk
already, do I always call with username/password regardless anyways? If
so then I guess its not an issue then!

As far as clients knowing how to reach each other. I agree. But I still
would like in the future to be able to integrate this so the user
doesn't have to configure anything. Perhaps the client can discover it
via the server. "What is my extension, what is my voicemailbox?" etc. I
think this is a totally separate JEP perhaps or using an existing JEP,
but its outside of Jingle I think.

Thanks and take care,

Simon

Simon Guindon