Carlo v. Loesch CvL at mail.symlynX.com
Thu Jun 1 15:09:32 UTC 2006

Dave Cridland typeth:
| > | In general, introducing increased framing means that the protocol
| > | stream will be larger, post-compression, as far as I've found. |
| > Admittedly, this is just a very strong hunch backed up by a few |
| > examples.
| No, this is not specific to XMPP.

I ask because in PSYC we have an optional _length field which allows
us to put in more or less large binary data into the stream, yet for
small packets it is not necessary, so framing is causing us no overhead
really.

| I'm afraid that like many things in protocol syntax design, it
| becomes a matter of personal taste and trade-offs, and it's really
| not worth spending any time over for the most part.

Hehe that's how it seems to be.

	    xmpp:lynX at ve.symlynX.com » irc://ve.symlynX.com/#symlynX