[Standards-JIG] PEP and broadcast of a message to all resources

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue May 2 16:55:58 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have been looking for a way to broadcast a given message to all
resources.
This use case is useful in the context of JEP-0163: Personal Eventing
Protocol.

It makes sense to send a published event to all the available
resources of a subscriber. Otherwise, an opened client could display old
status if the client has lost did not had the highest priority when the
event was updated (This can happens very often with autoaway).

That's why I would expect the published event to be broadcast to
subscriber resources.
I did not found any relevant element in the specification that could
help in this case. Do you know a way to do that ?
I was starting to imagine a way to tell the server that a given message
should be send to all target user resources (A new type="broadcast" ? A
new attribute).

I did not found any relevant element in the specification that could
help in this case. Do you know a way to do that ?

Thank you in advance,

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/