Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Wed May 24 09:06:48 UTC 2006

> 6. Negotiation
>
> This protocol MUST be negotiated between parties willing to optimize traffic. A
> stream feature negotiation is appropriate. During such a negotiation the
> resource name is agreed upon, which in this example was 'route'.

Something to note is this would not be negotiated using stream features,
this would be negotiated using disco.

Also, with your protocol how does the sending server know if the list is
populated yet and how does it know who is already in the list? It seems
to me that this can easily get out of sync with neither side having any
way of knowing if it is or not, this is something that needs to be
resolved, i.e. having the mechanism for adding and removing people from
the list actually send back a response indicating whether it was
successful or not.

Richard