[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 should be read with "Atom over XMPP"

Bob Wyman bob at wyman.us
Thu May 25 20:00:33 UTC 2006

As people are reading the latest JEP-0060 for final call, I think it would
be useful for folk to also read the "Atom over XMPP" specification which is
expected to be a major use of JEP-0060. Something like "Atom over XMPP" is,
of course, what we've been running layered on JEP-0060 for well over for
over two years now at PubSub.com. We expect to adopt "Atom over XMPP" as
specified in the future. Also, we're hoping that "Atom over XMPP" and thus
JEP-0060 becomes the base protocol for the FeedMesh effort that provide a
means for major search engines to cooperate by sharing information
concerning content available on in the Blogosphere and on the web as a
whole.

For the latest version of "Atom over XMPP" - a profile on JEP-0060 - see:

http://www.xmpp.org/drafts/draft-saintandre-atompub-notify-04.html

            bob wyman