[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: User Gaming

Nick Parker nick at beoba.net
Mon Sep 11 13:14:52 UTC 2006

Is there any reason why this couldn't just be freeform text? Why can't
we just use an away message? Is there some obviously useful
functionality that this is providing?

All I can see happening is the possibility of a "join me in this game"
button, which would be a beast to implement in a manner that works for
more than a handful of games, and besides only saves the user a few
seconds of effort in the best case.

Daniel Noll wrote:
>>> Defining some sort of madlib for this might be best: "I'm currently in
>>> (1)___________ using/playing (2)___________ with (3) ____________ out of
>>>
>>> 1: Level, file, region, etc. (noun/identifier)
>>> 2: Application (proper noun)
>>> 3: Number of active players/users (number)
>>> 4: Maximum number of players (number > 3)