[Standards] Any protocol to request encrypted connections?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Feb 6 16:21:22 UTC 2007

Matthew O'Gorman wrote:
> why not jingle and use p2p udp with encryption of text?  but to be
> honest sharing gpg keys between endpoints works well for me

Well again, Matthias is interested in end-to-middle and middle-to-middle
encryption, not end-to-middle encryption. But he wants to know that each
channel is encrypted. That's a different problem from end-to-end
encryption, for which we have several different solutions (PGP, S/MIME,
and Encrypted Sessions).

XMPP Standards Foundation