[Standards] Re: Jingle bootstrapping

Thiago Camargo thiago at jivesoftware.com
Tue Mar 6 19:10:17 UTC 2007

Andy,

What ICE proposes is not to violate Company's policy. ICE proposes a way to traverse NATs without violating company's policies.

"And I used to work only with UDP/SIP, and fight good battles
against port and protocols blocking."
Means that is not that easy to make P2P voIP calls work in corporative environments.
Especially when NEEDING many protocols and ports opened.
As less port usage and less protocol number usage, less trouble with security blocks.

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly.

Regards,
Thiago