[Standards] Inband Images

Andreas Monitzer jig at monitzer.com
Wed Mar 28 20:37:47 UTC 2007

On Mar 28, 2007, at 22:21, Ian Paterson wrote:

>> AFAIK Internet Explorer doesn't support this (at least, from what
>> I've
>> read on wiki). I know that's the render for at least a few popular
>> Windows based clients...
>
> Yes, the data: URI protocol is only supported by the Firefox and
> Opera browser rendering engines. So Web clients could only support
> Inband Images if the client is opened inside one of those two
> browsers.

You can test your browser using this page:

http://hsivonen.iki.fi/test/data.html

Works fine in Apple's WebKit.

Anyways, that's why my idea is to add another discovery identifier
besides xhtml's to disco#info, so the other client knows whether it
can send rfc2397-style data URLs.

Together with the direct connect method for larger images, this is
worth its own XEP.

andy