[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0136 (Message Archiving)

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Sat Apr 12 19:53:49 UTC 2008

Hello All,

Quoting Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov at isode.com>:

>>> In section 4.2:
>>>>
>>> Is this a requirement on the client or on the server?
>> I think it is a client requirement.
> Then don't use passive voice, e.g.
>
> Note: The client SHOULD archive the content of <message/> elements that
> have different thread
> IDs in separate collections.

As 4.2 is "general description" of collections requirements and
behavior I would say this requirement is both for client and server
depending on archiving scenario, no?

If the auto-archiving is activated - this is certainly server-side
behavior, it is covered by the previous discussion we had on this list
related to <thread> treatment.

If manual archiving is used - then it's indeed client's task to handle
that correctly.

Good luck!                                     Alexander