[Standards] Missing point in XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities ?

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Dec 11 10:56:36 UTC 2008

On Thu Dec 11 10:28:40 2008, Jehan wrote:
> Hum... I would consider that it would be interesting to know if a
> server can store my bookmarks. On the other side, if the server
> wants to
> send notifications of an updated bookmark, I would think it is
> interesting that it sends it only to significant clients, able to
> handle
> the query.

Both those are controlled by either XEP-0049 or PEP, which are
discoverable, but neither requires any knowledge of Bookmarks as such
by the server. In other words, the server can support sending updates
to interested bookmark-capable clients without actually knowing what
a bookmark *is*, and therefore cannot know it can do it.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/