Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Mar 5 21:56:18 UTC 2008

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:55:21 -0700
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>
To: XMPP Council <council at xmpp.org>
Subject: [Council] meeting minutes, 2008-03-05

Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2008-03-05...

Agenda:

http://www.jabber.org/council/meetings/agendas/2008-03-05.html

Log:

http://logs.jabber.org/council@conference.jabber.org/2008-03-05.html

0. Roll call

Present: Dave Cridland, Peter Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith.

Absent: Ralph Meijer, Ian Paterson.

Quorum achieved.

1. Agenda bashing

None.

2. Next meeting.

To be scheduled on the council@ list.

3. XEP-0174: Link-Local Messsaging

Approve version 1.1pre4?

Dave, Peter, and Kevin +1.

4. XEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe

Approve version 1.11pre3?

Dave, Peter, and Kevin +1. Ralph presumably +1 because he and Peter
worked on the changes. Dave raised the issue of why we are using SHIM at
all here. We'll discuss for a future version of the spec. Peter to poll
implementors about it.

5. XEP-0182: Application-Specific Error Conditions

Approve version 1.1pre1?

Dave, Peter, and Kevin +1.

6. XEP-0171: Language Translation

Issue Last Call?

No objections.

7. XEP-0222: Best Practices for Persistent Storage of Public Data via
Publish-Subscribe

Issue Last Call?

No objections.

8. XEP-0223: Best Practices for Persistent Storage of Private Data via
Publish-Subscribe

Issue Last Call?

No objections.

9. XEP-0189: Public Key Publishing

Issue Last Call?

No objections.

10. XEP-0136: Message Archiving

Discussion of moving the encryption aspects to a separate specification.
All Council members present in favor. This can be discussed further
during Last Call. No objections to issuing a Last Call.

11. ProtoXEP: XMPP Nodes

Accept version 0.0.2 as a XEP?

Consensus that this document simply muddies the waters further, so it
will not be published.

12. ProtoXEP: Direct Invitations

Accept version 0.0.1 as a XEP?

No objections to publication.

13. ProtoXEP: Abuse Reporting

Accept version 0.0.3 as a XEP?

No objections to publication.

14. ProtoXEP: Stream Compression with Efficient XML Interchange

Accept version 0.0.1 as a XEP?

Dave objected that it's not clear if EXI is even usable as a stream
compression method. We need input from an EXI expert before publication.

15. ProtoXEP: Jingle File Transfer

Accept version 0.0.3 as a XEP?

No objections to publication.

16. ProtoXEP: Roster Versioning

Accept version 0.0.3 as a XEP?

No objections to publication. Dave and Kevin both insisted on defining
the version attribute as "a non-negative integer representing a strictly
increasing sequence number" and defining this as a MUST, not a SHOULD.
To be published as so defined, with further discussion on the
standards at xmpp.org list.

17. Jingle update

Peter is continuing to gather feedback from implementors on and off
list. Dave noted that the spec was reviewed by Aki Niemi, who said it
looked reasonable. Should be ready for a vote in a few weeks.

18. Google Summer of Code

XSF to participate again this year. Peter to complete the org
application in the next few days.

19. Any other business?

None.

/psa