[Standards] Whiteboard XEP, Gajim and GSoC2008

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 10 21:12:01 UTC 2008

On Mon Mar 10 21:03:52 2008, Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL
J9935 wrote:
> we send it as a series of whiteboard commands to draw the
> whiteboard in
> band.

Sorry, there's two things you may mean here, and the difference is
crucial. Do you mean:

1) We send commands to the other party such that they have a visually
equivalent whiteboard document.

2) We send commands to the other party such that they have an
identical chunk of XML to render as a whiteboard document.

I'd like to state for the record that I have no preference as to the
right thing here.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/