[Standards] Fwd: [TechReview] Review of XEP-0234, 0260 and 0261.

Marcus Lundblad ml at update.uu.se
Mon Aug 23 07:26:57 UTC 2010

ons 2010-08-18 klockan 20:58 -0600 skrev Peter Saint-Andre:

> IMHO the <range/> element in XEP-0096 is underspecified (in fact all of
> XEP-0096 could use an update), but I think that a session-initiate
> message in Jingle file transfer could include the <range/> element.
> Perhaps some examples would help. I'm less confident that this belongs
> at the transport layer.

Hmm, shouldn't <range/> be included in session-accept?

Ie. user1 sends a file (with a hash) to user2. Transmission fails after
N bytes.
Then user1 re-sends the file, user2's client checks the hash, realises
"I have received this file before, oh, it's cut off att byte N)
sends "session-accept start at N"

I don't think it belongs at the transport layer. The transport shouldn't
really care, as far as it is concerned it's just a stream of bytes.
Might as well be streaming media, XTLS sessions etc.

//Marcus