[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0266 (Codecs for Jingle Audio)

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Jun 16 18:43:30 UTC 2011

On Thu Jun 16 18:26:34 2011, dmex wrote:
> Opus should not be listed until such time as its patent doubts are
> resolved
> and its format has been formally finalized, doing otherwise is
> stupidity at
> its best.

No, I disagree, we should clearly indicate that there are IPR claims,
and take no position on their validity.

Then we provide the best information we have as an organization, and
this may result in people becoming more aware of patent issues, and
either quashing them or ignoring Opus as a result; either is fine.

Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/