[Standards] NEW: XEP-0308 (Last Message Correction)- Interop with XEP 0301 RTT

Gunnar Hellström gunnar.hellstrom at omnitor.se
Wed Jul 18 21:39:19 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-18 01:57, Mark Rejhon wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Mark Rejhon <markybox at gmail.com
> <mailto:markybox at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Lance Stout <lancestout at gmail.com
>     <mailto:lancestout at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> And the bottom line -- is there interest from anybody else in the list
> for me to add the optional 'id' attribute to XEP-0301?  I'd keep it as
> a modification in reserve, to be added only when XEP-0308 becomes draft.
>
> Unless anyone believes I should cover it in XEP-0301 right now, today?
> It's such an edge case today, but is there interest from others in
> including it in XEP-0301 right now?

The function of edit latest message is important to get into XMPP
real-time text.
It should not wait years.

But you notice that the protocol for it has not settled yet, and the
specification of it will reference XEP-0308.
I would not like to see XEP-0301 becoming dependent on other
experimental XEPs.
Therefore I suggest that real-time editing of last completed message is
done as a later improvement of XEP-0301 or new small extension.

Gunnar