[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Data Forms - Dynamic Forms

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Tue Jul 30 09:57:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am reviewing the XEP now and I am frightened with the complexity that
has reached the data forms feature in XMPP. Unfortunately, I can't come
up with any better solution than described in the XEP I'll try to think
about it later and I welcome anybody to a discussion on the topic.

Now some notices:

1. Example 7 is not a valid XML: tag <cancel> is never closed.
2. Do we really need the <xdd:cancel/> tag? I think it looks as a real
mess. Maybe we can move the xdd session identifier to some another place
outside a form instead?
3. Why do we need the <cancelResponse> tag? Why can't we use usual error
reporting mechanism (<iq type="error">) instead?

Thanks for your work and good luck.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,