[Standards] SMS/Email Forwarding of Messages

Spencer MacDonald spencer.macdonald.other at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 14:02:39 UTC 2014

Hi Steffen,

I was at the summit and also thought that it could be added to the push notification XEP, but for SMS/Email you might want to:

- Know what telephone number or email address the message was forwarded on to.
- Know if the message has been sent/received/opened
- Opt in/Out of paying for forwarding (in the case of SMS).

So although it can be just another end point, I think you still need additional logic when compared to push notifications.

Regards

Spencer