[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Unique and stable message IDs

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:48:04 UTC 2015

On 4 June 2015 at 11:56, Kurt Zeilenga <kurt.zeilenga at isode.com> wrote:
> For the MAM case, to the extent what it offers in the current Experimental
> XEP is not sufficient, I suggest MAM XEP be modified to provide for reliable
> identification of archived content.

Just so you know, this XEP grew out of MAM because we intend to
include archived message ids in carbons. The consensus at the summit
was that specifying ids as a new XEP removed the need for Carbons to
depend on MAM, and would also be reusable in other specifications
without depending on MAM.

Regards,
Matthew