[Standards] Fwd: [Council] Minutes 2015-05-27

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Fri May 29 08:04:27 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

On 28 May 2015, at 19:13, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.me> wrote:
> Fantastic. I look forward to your comments and figuring out how we can address those and at what point in the evolution of the spec those make sense.

Yes, I’ll get these sent out as soon as I reasonably can.

> I'd like to point out that we managed to reach something of a consensus at the end of the Last Call, and I'd love to keep that momentum for version 1 if we can, and address any non-critical suggestions in a later version of the specification, given the late stage of the feedback.

On this, and ignoring that it may not become relevant here - the point of moving to Draft is that the specification is believed to be stable, and that it’s unlikely there will be further significant (or, at least, backwards-incompatible) changes - it is possible  to make such changes to a Draft XEP (with the proviso that they must ‘be avoided if at all possible’), but XEPs shouldn’t go to Draft with the anticipation that it’ll happen. So, for the most part, it’s not generally appropriate to push something to Draft in such a situation.

/K