[Standards] XEP-0305: XMPP Quickstart

Peter Saint-Andre - &yet peter at andyet.net
Tue Sep 22 15:52:19 UTC 2015

XEP-0305 was originally written to satisfy some requirements among a
team that had concerns about the number of round trips needed to
establish an XMPP session. That team no longer exists. As the author, I
also have serious reservations about the spec, not limited to the issue
that Thijs Alkemade recently raised: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/issues/69

Therefore I am seriously considering a request to change the state of
this document to Retracted.

Before doing so, I would like to know if anyone on this list has
implemented this quickstart method, or is seriously considering such an
implementation.

Thanks!

https://andyet.com/