[Standards] MIX progress

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Jul 5 09:22:28 UTC 2016

On 5 July 2016 at 10:10, Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> wrote:

> On 5 Jul 2016, at 09:51, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:
> > XEP development behind closed doors is not desirable.
>
> To be fair, that isn’t what’s happening here, it’s just that Steve wants
> to double-check that the text reflects the Summit agreements before he
> submits.

One could solve this by maintaining a branch (as a "working" PR) while the
double-checking happens, for example. Plus, at this point, everyone will
have forgotten the precise details of the Summit discussion anyway;
publish-and-be-damned seems like a fine idea to me.

I'd note that I don't think this is XEP development "behind closed doors"
as such, but I do think it's not using the community to its fullest, and
thus not being as open as it could be, and this does yield some discomfort
- whether that's fair or not is something of a moot point.