[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0352 (Client State Indication)

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Sat Feb 11 20:43:03 UTC 2017

On 09.02.2017 00:07, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0352 (Client State Indication).
>
> Abstract: This document defines a way for the client to indicate its active/inactive state.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2017-02-22.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?

Yes.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?

Yes.

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?

Already implemented.

No.

It should be explicitly stated that the CSI state is *not* (because it
can not) restored after a stream resumption. I've created a PR to
address this: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/402

I want to express that CSI is a prime example for a powerful, well
designed, yet easy to implement XEP.

- Florian