[Standards] Don't let today be the day we bury OMEMO

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jun 7 16:47:56 UTC 2017

On 7 June 2017 at 17:30, Germán Márquez Mejía
<marquez.mejia at fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.06.2017, 17:03 +0100 schrieb Kevin Smith:
>> Hi Flo,
>>
>> This feels somewhat like trying to torpedo the current compromise
>> that’s on the table, so I’d like to make some comments.
>
> This is a legitimate appeal to the council. Not less, not more. Please
> don't try to put such an intrigue note to Flo's words.

I don't think Kev's trying to suggest that Flow should not be allowed
to try to torpedo a hard-won compromise, just questioning the wisdom.

FWIW, referring to this decision as "burying" OMEMO is already
colouring the actions of those involved as some kind of intrigue.

Dave.