[Standards] Delayed Delivery for CSI and possibly SM

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed May 31 09:56:47 UTC 2017

> On 31.05.2017 11:25, Daniel Gultsch wrote:
>> 1) Add wording to XEP-0203 that the delay element MAY contain either
>> character data that provide a natural language description OR an
>> element of a different namespace describing the reason for the delay.
>
> I think a cleaner approach would be to extend <delay/> with an optional
> <reason/> element, which has an attribute whose value is defined by an
> registry established in xep203.

Fair enough. But at this point we probably wouldn't get around bumping
XEP-0203 or would we?
But we could use the chance to get rid of the XML character content of
the delay element which is - if not wrapped in a text or something
like that - pretty ugly anway. (Since it can not be translated and
all)

cheers
daniel