[Standards] XMPP Council Minutes 2018-04-18

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Fri Apr 20 19:26:30 UTC 2018

On 20.04.2018 21:15, Tedd Sterr wrote:
> http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2018-04-18/#15:01:38
> *3) XEP-0050 'execute' Issue*

IMHO most confusion comes from the fact that XEP-0050 contains a
contradiction: At one place it states that the 'execute' *action* is
equivalent to 'next', and in one place it states that it is equivalent
to whatever the 'execute' *attribute* is set to.

I've written a short summary of the two PRs trying to address this at

https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/591#issuecomment-373313491

And I try to collect all information we have right now at

https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XEP-Remarks/XEP-0050:Ad-Hoc_Commands

(But beware, that Wiki page needs some cleanup)

- Florian