[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Ephemeral Messages

Marcel Waldvogel marcel.waldvogel at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Jun 6 11:13:23 UTC 2018

I understand that time synchronization is important, but I would
recommend not to burden XMPP with timer synchronization. We do have a
reliable NTP infrastructure including pool.ntp.org; mobile devices
often have the capability to synchronize to other time sources (mobile
phone infrastructure, GPS, …); etc.

I therefore would urge to remove the timer update parts from the
(Proto-)XEP. We can assume that today, clocks are relatively accurate.
And if they are not, it is better to fail fast and hard, so the user
will check/fix the time on her machine.

-Marcel

BTW: Typo "puprose"