[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0359 (Unique and Stable Stanza IDs)

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Wed Nov 14 18:52:33 UTC 2018

* Jonas Schäfer <jonas at wielicki.name> [2018-10-20 13:55]:

A point that I brought up back then, and that I think needs to be added
in §2.2 is this:

| The message sender MUST set the stanza's @id to the same value as the
| origin-id.

The example should be changed accordingly.

There is really no drawback in specifying that (as a MUST, or at least a
SHOULD), and there is a huge amount of pain and madness later down the
road if we don't mandate it. In my eyes, this is the only reasonable way
to move forward.

Therefore I change my vote to -1 unless the above statement is added
with either a SHOULD or (preferrably) a MUST.

Georg