[Standards] Council Minutes 2020-01-02

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Fri Jan 10 16:13:58 UTC 2020

Am Di., 7. Jan. 2020 um 16:07 Uhr schrieb Tedd Sterr <teddsterr at outlook.com>:

> 3c) Proposed XMPP Extension: Fallback Indication - https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/fallback.html
> Daniel: [on-list]

+1 in that it is written well enough to become experimental.

I’m not sure I would implement it on the client side (A toggle between
noisy chat and normal chat feels like very unusual UX to me)

I do however see the benefits for MAMFC and therefore think it belongs
there. (Or maybe if you want to maintain some use for the client tie
it to fastening; meaning you can only indicate fallbackieness (that's
not a word, is it?) for fastenings)

So please reconsider moving it to fastening or mamfc despite my +1.

cheers
Daniel