[Summit] interop testing prep

Blaine Cook romeda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:57:21 CDT 2008

One test I'm really interested in seeing is "what happens when an s2s link
when it's saturated?" It's the one question that I don't have really good
answers for in terms of the scalability of Jabber servers, and it's a fairly
real concern for some of the people I've spoken to.

If you've saturated one s2s link (e.g., 100 Mbit), it should be possible to
"spill over" into a second s2s link between two servers on a separate
connection, giving you horizontal scalability with respect to bandwidth.
Whether that actually happens is a big unknown for me.

b.