[Summit] summit agenda

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jul 9 14:25:06 CDT 2008

Boyd Fletcher wrote:
> Do we have a list on who is committed to come?

http://www.xmpp.org/summit/summit5.shtml

I'm still working to confirm a few more...

> we are definitely interested in coming but can only justify the trip if
> Whiteboarding is going to be significantly discussed. Considering this has
> been a lingering issue for over 2 years it would be nice to be able to come
> to some agreement on how to move forward.

I can't promise that whiteboarding will be significantly discussed.
Based on my reading of the participants, I see the major topics as:

1. Interop testing for core functionality, especially TLS between
servers with either mutual authentication (SASL) or one-way verification
(dialback). We need to complete this in order to move the XMPP RFCs forward.

2. Breaking the logjam on some Jingle sticking points so we can advance
those specifications to Draft. Finalization of Jingle is way overdue and
high on the XSF roadmap: http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/roadmap.shtml

3. Defining best practices for data exchange between social networking
applications using publish-subscribe, and related hacking.

However, we'll work on topics other than those for sure.

/psa