[Summit] social event

Patrick Logan patrickdlogan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:19:38 CDT 2008

Getting 40 people into a downtown bar at happy hour will be exciting
no matter what. But here are some suggestions...

Fairly close to the Max train and Pioneer Square (city center)...

http://www.redstartavern.com/
http://www.hubers.com/
http://www.d2m.com/Tugwebsite/

Red Star and Hubers are fairly nice. Tugboat has perhaps a bit less
space and is a bit, well, "grungier".

A bit further but perhaps roomier...

Lucky Labrador Beer Hall (1945 NW Quimby)
* The Max train and then streetcar would get us fairly close to this location.

Another option may be the bar at a downtown hotel, which may not fill
up as much as these.

The Heathman has a reasonably sizable two-floor lounge, but can fill up...

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=heathman&near=Portland,+OR&fb=1&cid=0,0,11348956786393340805&ll=45.519353,-122.680678&spn=0.006705,0.018797&z=16&iwloc=A

I've also been in the Westin a couple of times and recall it is fairly roomy...

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=westin&near=Portland,+OR&fb=1&cid=0,0,5511434294988321998&ll=45.520947,-122.678232&spn=0.006705,0.018797&z=16&iwloc=A