[Summit] Introduction

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Sat Jul 19 17:39:34 CDT 2008

Leah Culver wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm Leah Culver and I'll be in arriving in Portland tomorrow and plan to
> attend at least part of the XMPP summit. I don't know much about XMPP,
> so I hope that's okay.

Yes it's OK, but please be aware that most of the folks at the summit
have been working with XMPP technologies for a while, so you may be
sipping from the firehose in a big way. ;-) We'll have an "XMPP 101"
session at the very beginning to provide a bit of an orientation, but
after that we'll be off to the races!

> I'm from San Francisco and am the lead developer of Pownce (pownce.com
> <http://pownce.com>) and I'm a big fan of open source. I'm excited to
> meet you all!

It's going to be fun. :)

/psa